Have an account?

Monday, March 29, 2010

Sovereign Fate Ch 14 Teaser

I was beginning to wonder if this chapter was going to get finished. First my son got the flu Saturday, then baby girl started throwing up halfway through this chapter. She got sick every fifteen to twenty minutes between 7 and midnight before finally her body let her rest and I was eventually able to lay her down and get some sleep myself. Both kids are feeling better today, but now hubby is feeling as though he were hit my a train. Keeping my fingers crossed I escape the yuck...but knowing my luck, I'm not holding my breath. At any rate, I was able to wrap it up this morning and get it to my beta. Hope you enjoy!

“As Edward and Jasper are fully aware, things with France are still in disarray. The King’s decisions are making little sense and since we are not personally involved, our allies are looking to England to find a resolution and ensure peace. The attempts at diplomacy so far from Spain have yielded little to no results, the same is true of Italy. It has been suggested that a more official showing in France might bring about a more resolute solution.”

Carlisle watched as Bella’s face crumbled, her quick intellect already deducing the coming announcement, while his poor daughter still sat in anxious ignorance. He paused, casting an apologetic look at Bella, who understood immediately, before looking carefully at Alice as he finished his proclamation.

“I debated for many nights the best course of action, knowing the weight my decision would bear on the spouse of whomever I sent. No option was simple, and all left one or both of my daughters in distress, but what we do what we must. In two days time, I am sending, Edward, Jasper, and Emmett to France to see if they can reach some sort of peaceful accord with King Louis and end this insanity.”

Bella began to nibble on her bottom lip as it began to quiver lightly, while Edward reached to grasp her shoulder comfortingly. She lifted her hand to rest atop his, twining their fingers as best the position could allow. Meanwhile, Alice immediately deteriorated into sobs, shaking her head as she grasped her stomach in a protective manner.

Carlisle wanted badly to soothe his daughter, but knew her husband could do a superior job as he knelt before her, cupping her face in his hands and whispering words of comfort. Carlisle waited for the worst of the upset to pass before he finished what he needed to say.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no. I assume the ladies cannot attend their husbands on this journey? I guess I will have to wait until Monday to find out.

    I glad to hear your babies are on the mend...at least two of your babies. :)

    ReplyDelete