Have an account?

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Wallflower and The Flyboy Chapter 14 Teaser

This is the last of my archived chapters. With any luck, I can get some writing done this weekend so you don't see too bad of a delay in posting, but I can't guarantee anything. Chapter 14 will go up on Monday :)

Within the course of four days, we had packed up everything and were directing the movers that had been hired to load everything, and deliver it to the train that would ship it to Chicago where another set of movers would be directed under the watchful eye of Alice to unload and deliver it to whatever locations they had decided. As we watched them move the last of Alice and Rose’s furniture out, I stood staring at my stereo. Edward had a very nice one at his house, but I had really grown to love the one I picked out, but I felt it was selfish to have more than one.

Esme chuckled, coming next to me and wrapping an arm around my waist. “This was the first expensive thing you ever picked out for yourself isn’t it?”

I nodded reluctantly nibbling on my lower lip.

“There’s no sin in keeping it Bella. It means something to you. It helped you get through those first few months with your husband away at war. It’s so much more than an expensive piece of equipment. Keep it and share those memories with Edward, sweetheart. I know he would want you to.”

With a sigh, I finally nodded, settling onto the couch to rest my feet as Esme walked out to inform the movers that we had one more thing to go out. I kicked off my shoes and propped my feet on top of the coffee table. I had started to notice lately that my ankles were prone to swelling more often if I was on my feet too long. I was beginning to worry if it was normal to have this happen so early in pregnancy. I wasn’t happy about having to change doctors after having found such a good one in New York, but Esme assured me we would find an equally qualified one in Chicago, whom we would provide with my complete medical records on my first visit.

We only had two more days before we would be returning to Chicago to begin settling in there. First we had to wait for Marcus’s replacement, Eleazar to come to town and introduce him to his highly depleted staff that we would need to call back or hire anew to fill the holes. I was excited to meet him since I knew he had been Edward’s first choice. Any man Edward trusted was someone I definitely wanted to get to know better.

1 comment: