Have an account?

Monday, March 15, 2010

Sovereign Fate Chapter 10 Teaser

Here in the next chapter teaser for Sovereign Fate to post Thursday. This chapter will once again earn our lovely rating ;) I may end up having to cut back to posting once a week, since I'm quickly running out of chapters. Between sick kids, sick authors, deaths in the family, birthdays in the family, and general blahness, I haven't been able to write quite as much as I would need to in order to keep up two a weeks. I'll keep it up until I can no longer keep up and then we'll drop back to once a week...probably Mondays if I can swing it. Hope you enjoy the teaser

Alice looked up at her new sister through watery tears. “Thank you, Bella. I appreciate your care. I am sorry I have made this trip so difficult on everyone. Normally, I would not be so predisposed to illness while traveling by land or sea, but in my present condition…” She trailed off with a twinkle in her eye as Bella’s grew large, a massive grin spreading across her face.

“Alice, are you?”

Alice nodded happily.

“Does everyone know?”

Alice smiled, rubbing her abdomen lovingly. “My parents and Jasper are the only ones to know yet. I was waiting until after your honeymoon to tell you and Edward. I was on my way to do so just now when my sickness disrupted the great opportunity.”

Bella giggled, hugging Alice’s tiny shoulders excitedly. “Oh my goodness! I’m going to be aunt! I’m so excited Alice. Do you know when you are expecting to deliver?”
Alice beamed. “My courses have been lacking for three months now, so we are expecting this little one to come around March or April.”

Bella sighed happily, looking over at Edward who was watching their exchange with great intrigue. He so wanted to know what caused that beautiful glow to grace his Bella’s face. Bella caught his eye gesturing for him to join the two ladies only to be accosted by his wife’s arms as soon as he reached them.

“Oh, Tony! Alice has the best news! Tell him Alice!” She was so excited Edward couldn’t help but chuckle at her exuberance.

His heart shuddered in his chest when his beloved sister informed him that she was expecting her first child with Jasper. Edward felt such relief and joy for them, knowing that Alice had been concerned when they reached their first anniversary two months ago without having conceived. She became desperately forlorn, convinced that she would not be able to bear Jasper an heir. Everyone did their best to comfort her, reminding her that the only person who can truly choose when a child would come was the good Lord himself. Edward was sure everyone was just as relieved as he that Alice’s fears were now officially abated.

After spending an appropriate amount of time visiting with his sister and sharing in her joy, he suggested to his wife that they might benefit by retiring to their chambers to wash up a bit and change their travel distressed clothing. The two younger couples had stayed on deck to allow the King and Queen first opportunity to clean, but now they could no longer stand to wait to remove the gritty dust and sweat from their weary bodies.

The newlyweds carefully went below decks, checking in with the King and Queen before retiring to their own chamber where Angela was already waiting with water for them to clean themselves a bit with. She offered to stay behind and assist Bella, but the newlyweds dismissed her, her new husband being more than willing to assist as needed.

Edward smiled as he led Bella to the far end of the room where a basin sat on a shelf with a raised edge to keep the basin from falling to the floor in the constantly shifting seas. Before they had gone below decks, he had informed Emmett and the captain that he and the Princess were exhausted and would retire until morning in their bedchambers.

No comments:

Post a Comment