Have an account?

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Flyboy Teaser Chapter 14

Here's a Teaser for Thursday's Chapter. You guys are going to want to kill me for making you wait, but if I want to stay consistent, then I have to :)

“Bella, this is my husband, Harry.”

I smiled, reaching out my hand to shake his with a nod. “Nice to meet you, Harry.”

“And this is my son Seth,” Sue beamed as she wrapped her arm around the waist of the tall slender teenager who appeared to be about fourteen of fifteen.

I smiled and waved since he was further away. “Seth. It’s so nice to meet you both. I’ve heard so much about you from Sue.”

I asked them to sit and join me, but the boys declined claiming to be dirty and needing to finish up in the kitchen. I thanked them for coming to help out and promised to add a bonus to Sue’s check for their help. The tried to deny me, but I wouldn’t hear of it. It was lean times for everyone and they deserved the compensation for their time and energy.

Sue fiddled about me for a while longer before leaving me to my briefs in peace. I don’t know how long I had been there, but I must have dozed off because I opened my eyes to find that the sun was setting outside the window, but that wasn’t what had roused me.

I heard another terse comment from Sue followed by the retort of a deep voice. Sue’s voice grew louder and more frantic seconds before she screamed. I pushed off of the couch and rushed to the doorway to look toward the foyer just in time to see James standing in the doorway looking ominous, gripping Sue tightly around the forearms.

No comments:

Post a Comment