Have an account?

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Sovereign Fate and Flyboy Teasers!

Sovereign Fate Chapter 15 Teaser
Life carried on as usual in the court during the weeks that Edward, Jasper, and Emmett were gone, but their absence was greatly felt by those that loved them the most. Bella found sleeping quite difficult in the cold empty bed. She had grown so accustomed to sleeping with Edward’s arms wrapped around her, that she could scarcely remember a time when they were not. In addition, the absence of Emmett was felt every hour of the day, as Isabella had to go about her duties in the court without his ever comforting presence by her side. In fact, the only comforts to her during those several long weeks were the presence of an also upset Alice and Angela.

It didn’t help matters that the rumor mill in the court hit an all time high as the restless bored aristocrats sat theorizing all sorts of over the top reasons for the Prince’s quick departure without his bride. Alice and Angela worked hard to shield Bella from the worst of the rumors, but as they always do, they eventually found their way to Bella’s ear.
Princess Isabella did her best to stand tall and ignore the ridiculous rumors which she knew for a fact were utterly untrue, but the abject embarrassment at being the focus of such scandalous rumors, be they true or false, still upset her. The rumors she heard, which she knew to probably be some of the tamest, were that she could not please him in the bedchamber, so he left to release his tensions with the King’s concubines in France. Others portrayed her as a cold, withdrawn individual, who would not allow their beloved Prince into her bedchamber after their first witnessed union. Everyone was atwitter that their union would never bear a male heir if the Princess couldn’t even compel the Prince to stay at her side for more than a month.

While the rumors hurt a bit, they also made her smile secretly at how very wrong they were. Nobody but Bella and Edward knew just how much use their marriage bed endured, but one thing was certain, the Prince was most definitely not unsatisfied, and the only way that the Princess would not conceive in the near future was if the Lord himself prevented it considering the sheer volume of time the couple had spent in sexual congress.


The Wallflower and The Flyboy Chapter 20 Teaser

Before I knew it, our anniversary had arrived, and I still had no word from Edward. I found myself pacing the length of the house all morning, waiting for the mailman to deliver our mail. Poor Cherie was just as stressed by everything as I was, as she soaked up my anxiety like a sponge. I hated upsetting her, but I couldn’t let go of the idea that something was wrong. It just had to be for Edward not to send his usual letter this week. It was five days late.

The rational side of me recognized that he had a job to do and that it kept him too busy sometimes to write. Not only that, there had been many occasions where the mail plane had been delayed due to bad weather or other inhibiting factors, but I just couldn’t let it go. I wouldn’t feel at ease until I had another letter in my hand as proof that he was okay. I know my information was always two weeks behind, but to not have the paper meant that two weeks ago he could have been gone and I wouldn’t have known.

I watched anxiously for the mailman, practically attacking him when he walked up the concrete steps to our mail slot. I apologized after yanking the letters out of his hand before quickly rushing into the house, flipping through the envelopes in desperation. When there was once again nothing from him, I tossed the mail on the floor with a frustrated scream, which in turn made Cherie cry, making me feel like a horrible mother.

With tears in my eyes, I ran to her side, lifting her into my arms and caressing her short bronze tinted hair that was only slightly darker than her father’s. I cooed through my tears as I apologized to her for upsetting her. I settled in to nurse her shortly after before putting her down after she fell asleep mid feeding.

I grumbled as I returned to the first floor, resuming my pacing. Esme and Sue finally got me to sit down long enough to eat some soup and bread before I was up pacing once more. I had been up and down the hallways about fifty times in the hour between when I ate and when the knock came at the door. I had been so busy obsessing neurotically that I hadn’t even paid attention to anything else going on around me.

Brady, who was on duty today, came into the doorway from the living room looking worried as I opened the door, wondering if someone dangerous could be on the other side. I pictured James, back to complete the job, or another hired gun come to take me out, but what stood on the other side of the door was something I hadn’t been prepared for at all.

Smiling at me with his brown uniform and oddly shaped hat with the Western Union logo on the front was a teenage boy not more than sixteen at the very most.

(Okay, don't go into total meltdown. Remember, I'm a HEA writer. I will not destroy you all that way, so just go with me on this one...okay?)

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the teaser.. i don't have an acct on this site yet so i can't leave a way for you to know who i am. but i do follow all your stories from the writers coffee shop. i love your writing and think you do an amazing job with everything.. i can't wait for the next update!

    ReplyDelete