Have an account?

Friday, April 23, 2010

Flyboy Chapter 26 Teaser

Well guys, it's this and then the epi...hope you enjoy!

The fear and concern melted into pure joy on May 8th, 1945 when the official announcement came through. They were calling it VE day, the day the Allies proclaimed Victory in Europe. Hitler had been backed into a corner and the war on that side of the globe was over. Alice, Rose, and I held one another as we wept in relief. With any luck the boys would soon be coming home.

Our joy was only shortly lived when whispers came through the channels that the troops, and in particular the pilots might be moved to the Pacific Front to bolster the offensive against Japan. The girls were living in terror, as the unbearably long wait for letters had gotten even longer. No word for weeks and weeks had them on the verge of hysteria when one day a knock came at the front door of the Lake Shore house. It was a Saturday and Edward had taken Cherie to his parents place to visit for the day while I spent some time trying to cheer my friends. Alice and Rose were upstairs when I rushed to open the door and froze with my mouth hanging open.

A slow smile spread across my face as I yelled out from the doorway. “Alice and Rosalie, I think you need to get down here RIGHT NOW!”

No comments:

Post a Comment