Have an account?

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Flyboy Ends and Breakaway Begins!

So, I didn't even let Flyboy lay to rest for more than 24 hours before I broke down and posted the first chapter of my new story Breakaway about NASCAR driver (Izzy)Bella. It's gotten a great response so far. In four hours it got 65 reviews between the two sites on which I post, which of course inspired a happy dance in my living room. NO, trust me...you don't want to see it. LOL!

Anyway, I'm so glad you guys seem to have liked the first chapter. Here is a sneak peek of Chapter 2 of Breakaway...and a peek at the banner I made for it :)

Edward was exhausted when he finally broke free of the mob. He was making his way over toward where his RV was waiting just a few feet from Izzy’s when he bumped into a massive dark skinned dude looking around like he was lost. One thing was certain, he was not supposed to be in the driver’s area, and should get his massive ass out.
Edward started to say something to him when the guy stopped him first. “Hey, you’re Bella’s teammate, right? Can you tell me where to find her?”
Edward frowned at him for a moment in confusion. “Bella?” Then realization dawned as he put it together…Isabella…Izzy. “Oh, you mean Izzy? Her trailer is right over here in our section, but only people with special clearance are allowed to be here. Fans aren’t allowed to come find us here.”
The guy scoffed, rolling his eyes. “If I were just a fan, would I be calling her the nickname she went by for the first nineteen years of her life before she got too good to listen to the advice of her loved ones? I’ve known Bella a hell of a lot longer than you have. If you’d just tell her I’m here, I know she’d want to see me.”
Edward growled, clenching his fists as the arrogant prick before turning to stomp toward Izzy’s trailer only to see she was already standing in the doorway, freshly showered, and dressed for the press conference. Edward suddenly felt very protective when he saw the ashen color of her face, and the wild scared look in her eyes. The Izzy he knew was fearless, but the girl staring at the man next to him was anything but courageous, matter of fact, she looked more like a teenage girl who had just been caught making out with her boyfriend in the back seat of her car.

Breakaway Banner

No comments:

Post a Comment