Have an account?

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Sovereign Fate Teaser..

Here is the SF chapter 18 teaser. Things are going to keep getting sticky for a bit. I hope you enjoy the drama. Sorry, no teaser for Flyboy yet but I will do my best to get the update written before post date Monday after next!

The next morning, the sounds of a gasp from the doorway alerted the newly united lovers that the ladies had awoken and come to help Bella begin her day. Both looked down anxiously, vastly relieved to find that their state of undress was covered by their marital quilt. There was no mistaking that they were without apparel under the blanket, but at least the ladies were not being treated to the view of the Prince’s straining morning stiffness.

With a blush, Edward asked the ladies to give them fifteen minutes, sitting up to comfort Bella as soon as the room was cleared. What he hadn’t expected was the vibrating form of his giggling bride curled up on the bed at his side. He smiled, rolling her onto her back as he slid above her with a look on his face of amusement mixed with confusion.

Bella covered her mouth as she giggled again. “The look on Kate’s face…Tanya’s going to know you were disrobed in my bed this morning before they return, I can guarantee it.”
Edward frowned deeply. “Tanya is here?”

Bella sighed, her face falling into a mask of discomfort. “Yes, she’s been here nearly a week. She is a horrid person, Edward. I would much prefer it if she left, but that is not for me to decide.”

Edward looked taken aback for a moment. “Did you just call me ‘Edward?’”

Bella blinked with a frown of her own a few seconds before she cocked her head in surprise. “I…I guess I did. I didn’t even realize. I guess hearing her call you that and go on and on about the time you’ve spent together and how close you are has stuck.”

Edward opened his mouth to respond when a loud knock came at the doorway.
“Go away. We will come out in due course!” Edward shouted over his shoulder, a look of annoyance dominating his angled features.

“I’m sorry, Your Highness, but the King is demanding your presence immediately, as well as the Princess. She must begin dressing immediately.” Angela shouted back through the thin wooden door.

Edward sighed, dropping his forehead to rest up on Bella’s chest before looking up in confusion. Bella smiled a tiny smile. “It will be explained by your father shortly, I am sure. I must get started or risk delaying your whole morning.”

Edward nodded slowly before sliding back to sit on his heels, still situated between her spread legs. The view of her spread for him added even more pain to their forced separation.
“Before I go, just know that I will take care of this Tanya situation. She will not inconvenience you at all, my love. I promise.”

Bella looked forlorn as she nodded. Edward simply dismissed it as frustration over the harpy. Little did he know that his response did not belay the Princesses fears in the least. He did not promise not to touch the foul noblewoman or that she would not receive his company…only that she would not inconvenience Bella. So did that mean that she would be staying around, but only kept away from Bella so she wouldn’t be reminded of all that they had shared? She knew she was being far too insecure in her love, but the truth of the matter was, she knew that everything would soon be changing and she hoped that those changes would not drive him into the arms of his past flame.

No comments:

Post a Comment