Have an account?

Monday, April 19, 2010

Teaser

I only have the Flyboy teaser this week. There is a high likelihood that there will be no SF update next week, and the Flyboy update will not post on schedule due to a family mini vacation. In the meantime, here is the teaser for the next chapter, and by popular demand we have a return of a certain hot Flyboy's POV!

The elevator stopped with a shudder and the doors opened to reveal the familiar entryway into the Executive floor. The clean light colors and the crisp scent in the air that used to feel so comforting and familiar now seemed foreign and confining. I braced myself on my crutches and began creeping my way onto the floor and down the hallway toward where I knew her office was now located.

I recognized the girl behind the desk who froze with the phone she was answering hanging midair between the desk and her ear, the client on the other end hearing nothing but a gasp and then silence. I nodded slowly before continuing past her, her hand remaining in limbo as her head tracked me across the floor. Once I was past her and all she could see was my back, I finally heard her greet whoever was waiting on the other end of the line.

It was the same all the way down the long hall. Each face, both familiar and new seemed to become a frozen statue when they caught sight of me. I turned down a hall and was almost to the short hallway that I knew would lead to the offices of Marcus and Bella. I had nearly reached the intersection when I froze in place, just as my employees had and watched what seemed like a beautiful dream pass by me.

A tiny little girl in a red wool coat with little black dogs on the front toddled past the intersection of the hallways with her hands out before her…her tiny bronze ringlets bouncing lightly with each unsteady step. My vision blurred and my heart felt as though it had literally crushed in my chest with the heavy, all encompassing love I felt for that tiny person that I was seeing in person for the very first time.

5 comments:

  1. Love it! I can't wait to read the rest :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That has to be the sweetest thing I ever read. *sniff*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is going to be a reall good and emotional chapter. I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my god!! Can i start crying???????????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to this. I want to cry. Love it.

    ReplyDelete