Have an account?

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sovereign Fate Chapter 20 Teaser

There were many options I could have teased you with today, but I decided to give you a peek at the introduction of a couple you guys have been itching to see meet....

When they awoke, Bella smiled to see Emmett standing guard outside of her room when she emerged after dressing. Strictly speaking, it wasn’t his job while in England. Bella had seen to it that Emmett was treated with the respect he deserved in this new land while at her side, but Emmett, being the overprotective big cousin he was, often insisted on taking shifts at her door.

They hugged affectionately, talking excitedly about the things that had happened while they were separated. Edward stood behind his bride with a smile, his arms wrapped around her body, his hands resting discretely above the place where their baby safely rested.

Bella and Emmett were so wrapped up in their discussion, that none of them had noticed Lady Rosalie’s approach until she was nearly upon them. When she caught sight of Emmett, she froze for a moment in surprise. At the same time, Emmett halted mid sentence and stared back with equal astonishment. Bella wondered for a brief moment if they had met before, but dismissed it when they both blushed slightly and nodded politely in the other’s direction.

Bella smirked as she greeted her new cousin and invited her into the fold.

“Lady Rosalie, I would like you to meet my cousin, Lord Emmett. Emmett, Lady Rosalie is the cousin of Prince Edward. I’m quite sure the two of you end up meeting again, and frequently.”
Bella smiled as Emmett swallowed hard before bowing to the Lady. Rosalie extended a nervous looking gloved hand as she stared into Emmett’s eyes, smiling when Emmett reached out and took it gingerly, kissing the back of her glove.

Edward and Bella smiled as they watched the exchange, their two normally boisterous family members reduced to shy polite greetings. After they allowed the duo to fumble through a few more niceties, Bella finally saved them from their painfully awkward exchange.

“I’m so pleased that the two of you have finally met. I was looking forward to introducing you, but I’m afraid we’ve lost sight of the reason Lady Rosalie had come to see me. Shall we go back into my quarters and discuss it?”

The reason why Rosalie is acting a bit out of character during her first meeting with Emmett is because she comes bearing some bad news...Keep your eyes peeled next weekend to find out what...Mwahahaha! I know...I'm feeling a teensy bit evil tonight...but I you know you still love me anyway ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment