Have an account?

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Happy Dance and Double Teasers

First: Happy Dance...I just got an email informing me that I have been nominated for a Best Fanfiction Author Award for FDKK in the Shimmer Awards. I don't get award nominations all that often, so that's super cool. Thanks to any of you responsible for that :D

Teasers: While this week has been busy, I have also managed to whittle some time for writing. I got both SF and Breakaway chapters done. I am also going to enter my original story in the TWCS First Annual Original Story contest, which may result in a contract with the publishing house for me if I win. I'm REALLLY nervous about that one!

Okay...on with the teasers!

Sovereign Fate Chapter 24

Quarter of an hour later, a knock came at the door, to which Bella gave permission to enter. Esme walked in with a knowing smile with Jacob coming in right behind her. Pleasantries were exchanged before Bella turned a serious face to Jacob.
“What have you discovered, my brother? Do you have news for me?”

Jacob smiled winningly, leaning forward to rest his elbows upon his knees. “That I have, sister mine. I received your communication in perfect time. I immediately dispatched a group of guards to search the area your friend suggested that the fugitive Lady Denali might be hiding. They arrived too late and I was greatly angered by the loss of an opportunity.
“I sent my scouts to the other locations your friend provided throughout the countries of Europe. For several weeks, they were in pursuit. She was barely missed in Paris, Rome, and Athens and I was beginning to give up the hope of catching her, but then she made a fatal error. She assumed that after we had missed her in Barcelona that we would move on and she would be safe to return, but I wasn’t willing to give up watching the one place I had true jurisdiction over. She returned a fortnight ago, and I have brought her with me back to your shore in irons.”

Bella blinked blankly at her brother for several long minutes before looking to Esme. Esme smiled sweetly at Jacob. “Might I ask where she is now?”

Jacob smiled. “I have her under guard on a boat just up river from Whitehall. I can have her here to turn in to your prison within the hour.”

Esme smiled brightly before glancing between Bella and Jacob. “We must inform Edward and Carlisle soon, but I was wondering if we might not get a private audience with the Lady before our husbands send her straight to the Tower? There are some things I would like to hear personally.”

Jacob smiled as Bella’s eyes widened at Esme. Esme glanced back at her before reaching over to rest her hand atop Bella’s. “Nobody threatens the livelihood of my new daughter or my unborn grandchild without answering to me directly. I only wish to share a few words.”

Ahhh...the taste of victory, oh so sweet.


Breakaway Chapter 8 (this has not been betaed yet...so if there are errors, please ignore)

Bella smiled, running to the door and throwing it open with a bright smile only to have it drop when it wasn’t Edward standing at the door. A small young woman with blonde hair pulled into a bun atop her head and sharp odd colored eyes that seemed almost violet stood at the door, a cameraman standing behind her as she shoved her microphone into Bella’s face.

“I’m Jane Peterson, channel five news with a few questions for you, Miss Swan.”

Bella’s eyes bugged in shock only a moment before her face morphed into a mask of anger and determination. “I have no comment and you have no right to come into my apartment like this. If you come back, I will call the police.”

With that, she slammed the door in the small girl’s face and ran to her purse to pull out her cell and tell Edward what happened. Edward was livid, telling Bella to call Volturi as well as Emmett and Jasper and to ask Volturi if she should get in touch with the police or a lawyer.
Five minutes and several frantic calls later, a loud knock came at the door followed by Edward’s velvety voice. “Bella, it’s me. Let me in.”

Bella quickly opened the door, before yanking Edward in and slamming it behind her as she leaned against it breathing heavily. Edward’s concern was written all over his face as he approached her, reaching his hand out to cup her shoulder before pulling Bella’s small frame forward into a comforting hug. Bella sighed as she melted into his body.

They stood in silence for a long time as Edward slowly stroked her still slightly damp hair that hung down her back. After a while, Bella finally released him, leaning back to look up at him with tears in her eyes.

“Okay.”

“Okay?” Edward asked, feeling a bit confused.

Bella closed her eyes with a sigh before opening them again. “Okay, I’ll take your house.”

Edward smiled, feeling the stress in his shoulders slowly drain away. “Thank God. I was hoping you would change your mind. I just wish you didn’t have to feel this threatened before you decided to take me up on the offer. I, um…I also think you should pack some things and come stay with me tonight.”

SF will hopefully post sometime Monday if all works as planned. Breakaway will post mid week.

2 comments:

  1. Doing my own Happy Dance, cannot wait for either of these, looking forward to Esme's interaction with Lady Skank and Bella sleeping at Edward's house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Queen Esme means business and in private maybe she can pull the evil "Lady" Denali's hair out too. Bella having a sleepover at Edward's...can't wait for the rest of that chapter.

    ReplyDelete