Have an account?

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Breakaway Chapter 6 Teaser

This chapter is only partially done, but I already had enough to give you a taste. Hope you enjoy!

“Edward, Um, I want to tell you something.”

Edward’s heart pounded as he waited, wondering what she was going to say. He was terrified she was going to say that she was still in love with Jake and couldn’t handle what was developing between them or something in that vein of thinking. She paused for a long time, gripping his hand tightly in hers with a furrowed brow. She opened her mouth twice to speak before closing it again. Her eyes shifted slightly before she finally spoke.

“I…um…I think I’m going to be way too sore to race this week. I’m barely able to go the restroom by myself right now, much less get strapped into a harness and blast down the track full speed. I think I’m going to take this week off from driving.”

Edward’s heart fell into his toes. On one hand he was relieved that it wasn’t the brush off he was dreading, but at the same time, he wanted her on the track with him. He had gotten used to racing with her by his side, the two of them keeping an eye out for one another. It seemed…wrong…for her not to be there.

Bella observed the sadness in his eyes before gripping his hand tighter and shaking it slightly. “I’m not saying forever…just for this week. I’m just thinking maybe you should go ahead to Texas so you’re ready for Qualifying. I don’t want you to lose your position on the field for me. Our next race is in Phoenix, which will give me eighteen days to heal before my next big race. I’ll be fine.

Edward wrapped both her hands in his, loving the feeling of her small hand encompassed by hers. “You’re not coming at all?”

Bella blinked up at him slowly before a slow smile spread across her face. “You want me there?”

Edward scoffed shaking his head. “Of course I do. It’s going to be weird enough not having you out there with me on the track, but to not have you there at all would just be really wrong. I…I need you there, even if it’s just as a spectator.”

Bella’s eyes sparkled as she reached her free hand up to push Edward’s hair back from his face. “If it means that much to you, then I’ll be there.”

Edward captured her other hand in his, bringing both of them to his lips. “Thank you, Bella.”

3 comments: