Have an account?

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sovereign Fate Ch 5 and Flyboy Ch 11 Teasers!

Sovereign Fate Chapter 5 Teaser

Edward looked up at Jasper with fire in his eyes. “Lord Whitlock, if it had been you and the girl in Italy had been Alice, would you be capable of simply ‘moving on’?”

Jasper winced, a look of chagrin on his face. “Point taken, Edward. I still say though, that since this is essentially out of your control. Try to focus on what blessings you have been granted in this union and try to let that be enough…at least for now.”

Edward sighed, running his hands through his hair. “You are right. Speaking of making the best of a bad situation, can you look into something for me? Last night I made the acquaintance of a Lady Angela Webber, of Princess Isabella’s court. I wish you to see if it would be possible for her to accompany us to England.”

Jasper’s hand slammed down on the table. “Edward, please tell me you didn’t. I shall not order up a readymade mistress for you amongst your new wife’s ladies. I refuse.”


The Wallflower and The Flyboy Chapter 11 Teaser

I had gotten back at 1:15, grabbing my steno pad and settling into Marcus’ office to take dictation on some letters that needed sent out immediately. I was halfway through my notations for the second letter when Angela burst into the office with wild, excited eyes.

“We have an operator on the line with a call from Mr. Edward Cullen from London, asking if we will reverse the charges!”

My eyes flew wide as I ran to Marcus’ phone, yanking up the receiver and instantly babbling to the operator that we would accept the charges immediately. I looked up to see Marcus’ hands grasped at his chest as he closed his eyes and moved his lips in what appeared to be silent prayer. A few seconds later the most wonderful voice in the world greeted me, making my body vibrate from head to toe with joy.

“Is that my beautiful Mrs. Cullen on the line?”

I gasped a cry as tears rolled down my cheeks. “Edward! Oh thank God! I can’t believe I’m talking to you. I miss you so much, sweetheart!”

Angela smiled brightly at me, quietly closing the door, but not before I got a peek of a sniffling Alice and a smiling Mrs. Cope on the other side of the door jamb.

“Oh God, Bella. I love you so much. You can’t even know how good it is to hear your voice. I got your letter this afternoon and begged the Admiral to let me go ashore to call you.”
My heart began to pound. He got that letter, but did he didn’t mention the one sent just days before. Did he not get it?

“Edward, did you get any other letters before that?”

I could hear the smile in his voice. “The mail plane couldn’t make it last week due to a storm. So I got three of your letters today, but I haven’t gotten to read the others since I opened this one first because of the stamp and have been working to get to the phone ever since. Why? Is everything okay?”

Look for both updates this coming Thursday! (I've given up on trying to post them different days...I'm too impatient)

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for both of these updates...I have a very good feeling about what's going to happen at the wedding in Sovereign Fate and I'm looking forward to seeing what Edward is going to do with the business in Flyboy. I'm also anxious to see how he reacts when he hears Bella's pregnant :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooohhhhhh I can't wait for Wallflower on Thursday :-) the teaser was just too much ;-)and I hope she tells him over the phone because it would be so much better! Thanks for the teaser :-)

    ReplyDelete