Have an account?

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Flyboy Chapter 10 Sneak Peek!

I realized that I have a busy day tomorrow, so I posted the Flyboy Chapter early. Here's your sneak peek for chapter 10!

“I don’t have any answers at all, Bella. Without Edward’s proxy, we have no leg to stand on. I just can’t believe that Edward dot every ‘I’ and cross every ‘t’ Cullen didn’t leave something in place when he left. It was so unlike him. Can you do me a favor? Ask him in your next letter if there was something left in place? I don’t want to bother him with the worry, but if we don’t do something he will be even more upset that we didn’t consult him.”

I nodded solemnly with a sigh. I asked if Marcus had anything more for me and he simply shook his head no, telling me to go write a letter and mail it right away. We couldn’t risk the loss of another minute. I rushed to my desk, quickly writing a long letter to Edward, telling him all that we had learned over the past week, and asking him if he had left anything in place in regard to a proxy for his votes in the board. I added a quick personal note telling him I prayed for him constantly and missed him more than words could describe before addressing the envelope. I placed the stamp right side up, hoping this would draw his attention to the importance of the letter, and rushed down to reception to ask Angela to get it in the mail sooner rather than later.

She looked down at the envelope and then back up to me with wide blinking eyes. I knew I could trust Angela. The only absolute truth I had learned through the interactions within the office workers was that Angela Webber-Cheney was a true blue to the core good and honest person. Her mouth dropped open as she finally finished processing the info as I smirked at her while lifting my finger to my lips. She closed her mouth slowly, the expression on her face morphing into a wry smile before she nodded, tucking the envelope into her pocket.

“It’s urgent, Angela, and business related. I would consider it a personal favor if you could go down to drop it at the post box right now. Then we don’t have to worry about anybody else catching wind of anything, okay?”

She nodded emphatically before grabbing her purse and disappearing quickly toward the elevator. I stopped in Mrs. Cope’s office informing her that I sent Angela on an errand for Marcus and that she needed to send one of the other girls to reception to fill in until she returned.

No comments:

Post a Comment