Have an account?

Thursday, February 25, 2010

SF and Flyboy Sneak Peeks!

Can't wait for a taste of the next chapter in my two new posting fics? Get a sneak peek now!

A Peek at The Wallflower and the Flyboy Chapter 9

After another hour of nonstop yelling, the door finally flew open, bouncing off the wall as Aro stormed out. He glared at me as he passed, smacking my desk on his way by. “Just so you know, little secretary girl, you are fired.”

I blinked at him in surprise, unsure of what I had done to be fired. “Why?” I squeaked out in my surprise.

He glared at me. “You left your post without permission. I gave you no leave to go to lunch and Marcus was not here to allow it. Simply leaving a note on your desk is not acceptable as I had no secretary when I returned ten minutes after I had left.”

I shook my head in confusion. “But it is not our practice here to have to be dismissed. I have a set lunchtime every day and I left a note to inform anyone who returned. These are not grounds to fire me, Mr. Volturi.”

He sneered at me, leaning in so that he was nose to nose with me. “I RUN THIS COMPANY! I get to say who is in my employ and you are not!”

I swallowed the bitter bile in my throat as my heart raced in my chest. I stared nervously into the eyes of an evil man without a soul. I could see without having known him for an entire day that the man was cold and heartless. He didn’t care about the company or the people who worked for him, and he most certainly didn’t care about the people that the company’s product was meant to protect. His only motivation was money and power, and he didn’t care who he crushed to keep it.



A Peek at Soveriegn Fate Chapter 4

Jacob was already waiting for her with a wide, bright smile. “My beautiful baby sister, how are you faring?”

She walked to him, taking his presented arm as they began to stroll along a favored route for these constitutions. Isabella sighed, struggling to push down her pain. “As well as to be expected,” She finally mumbled. “I had my last dress fitting today and it made me sad to know that it was as much my shackles to a future I did not choose as a beautiful frock of silk. I barely held in my tears until after the seamstress left. I do not want to leave my home, Jacob…to leave you. What am I going to do without you…and Angela…and mother?”

He sighed, stopping their walk before turning to her and running his hand through her hair. “You are a strong woman, my Bella. You will be fine. Edward is not quite the cad either of us envisioned. He has impeccable manners, is well spoken, and most important of all, he respects people who are forthright and honest. I think the two of you will get along fine once you’ve had the chance to get to know one another.”

He wiped away a tear that had escaped Bella’s eye as she sniffled. “You really think so? I mean, I trust your opinion, Jake. I know that if you think he’s a good man, then he probably is, but do you really think that we might possibly get along?”

He smiled, taking Bella’s arm again and tugging her to continue their traverse. “Yes, Bella, I do think you will get along. I had a talk with him, and he promised to be respectful of you. He had many questions as to whether the rumors about your virtues and beauty were true, and I could see the look of respect growing in his eyes with each passing thing he learned about you. Honestly, sweet girl, I think he’s feeling as apprehensive about this arrangement as you are, he’s just expressing his displeasure in an entirely different manner.”

Bella sighed, leaning her head on Jacob’s shoulder. “I hope so, Jake. I hope that we can find a common ground and at the very least, learn to respect one another.”

Jacob chuckled as he reached his free hand over to clasp Bella’s. “I don’t think that will be a problem, honey. I honestly don’t.”


Chapter 9 of Wallflower will post Friday. Sovereign Fate will post on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment