Have an account?

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Breakaway Chapter 23 Teaser

Whoops...I totally forgot to post a teaser for the next chapter. Good news...I've got three more chapters put back for this story and am two or three chapters shy of our epi. Bad news...I'm only a few chapters away from our epi. At any rate, we're getting close to the end. I hope you like the teaser.

Bella frowned with a nod as her pen scratched across the top of the paper. She looked up suddenly, her eyes looking worried, which made Ben worry as well.

“Ben, you need to call Angela right now. Tell her to act as causal as possible. Tell her to leave the apartment and take nothing with her. If she has a friend she can stay with, she needs to go there and wait for you. If not, then I will call and make a reservation for a hotel room for tonight.”

Ben looked confused as Bella jumped up and ran for her cell, tossing it in his direction. He looked up at her wondering what the hurry was, still feeling bewildered.

“Ben…they know where you live…where Angela lives right now on her own. If they somehow catch wind…”

She didn’t have to say anymore as Ben snatched up the phone and dialed hastily. He did his best to explain without revealing too much to Angela before closing the phone and hitting the table with his fist.

“What are we going to do? Where will we live? What have I gotten us into?”

Edward ran out at the loud noise, his towel barely hanging from his hips. Bella shook her head at him as she rested a hand on Ben’s shoulders.

“Calm down. I don’t know for sure if she’s in danger, but I didn’t want to take any chances. I want you to stay away from your place for a few days.” Bella crossed to the cabinet where she stowed the petty cash box she and Edward used for extras. She grabbed out a couple of hundred dollars and put it in front of Ben. “This should pay for a place to stay until I get there. After the race, I will fly home and help you guys get settled somewhere that is safer for the time being. I’ll also arrange for your things to be taken care of.”

Bella turned to Edward with a look that screamed her pleas for cooperation. “Edward will you please book the next available flight home for Ben, and then book a flight after the race for me? If there aren’t any until after the race, then put us together on a flight home please, and then book me a round trip ticket to Bristol, or if they don’t have any, then just rent me a car to drive there, please.”

Edward shook his head. “Bella, I don’t know what is going on, but I won’t have you flying back alone if there’s a problem. I won’t let you put yourself in danger.”

Bella walked toward him hastily, grabbing his arm and tugging him into the bedroom. “Edward, please don’t argue with this. There is a pregnant girl out there who might be in danger. I need to get them somewhere safe.” Bella froze, her eyes turning slowly toward Edward as a small, devious smile spread across her face. “Actually, I already have a place for them….that is if you were serious when you said the other night that I might as well move in with you since I spend all my nights in your bed anyway.”

No comments:

Post a Comment